Hubungan Tingkat Kecemasan Ibu Hamil pada Masa Pandemi Covid-19 Kepatuhan Melakukan Antenatal Care di Rumah Sakit Abdul Moeloek Bandar Lampung
Purpose: The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on physical and mental health. During this pandemic, there has been an increase in stress and anxiety in individuals who experience it. Individuals who are susceptible to stress and anxiety, one of which is pregnant women. Maternal compliance in undergoing antenatal care is one of the efforts made to determine the health of the mother and fetus during pregnancy. This pandemic is one of the reasons that make pregnant women delay starting ANC services. Based on the background of the problem, this study was conducted to find out whether there is a relationship between the level of anxiety of pregnant women during the COVID-19 pandemic with compliance with ANC at the Cipadang Village Health Center, Pesawaran Regency.
Method: This study uses an observational analytic method with a cross sectional approach. Respondents were taken using total sampling technique. The data used in this study is primary data. The independent variable in this study was the level of anxiety which was assessed using the Hamilton Anxiety Rating Scale. The dependent variable of this study is the number of ANC visits obtained through the MCH book.
Results: A total of 54 pregnant women with an age range of 19-42 years, a minimum score of 0 and a maximum score of 36, the number of ANC visits at least 1 time and a maximum of 16 ANC visits. The results showed that there were 6 pregnant women (11.1%) working with a junior high school education level of 22 people (40.7%). A total of 40 (74.1%) pregnant women were multigravida. The number of ANC visits was found to be the same in each group with complete and incomplete ANC visits, with an anxiety level of 36 people (66.7%). p-value is 0.013 so that there is a significant relationship between anxiety levels and ANC compliance.
Limitations: The number of subjects involved in the study was still small and subjects were not involved in each trimester.
Contribution: The results of this study are expected to provide information about the importance of ANC and maintain mental health for pregnant women and be input for health agencies to pay more attention to anxiety management education related to concerns of pregnant women in conducting ANC visits during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Acheanpong, K., Pan, X., Kaminga, A. C., & Liu, A. (2022). Prevalence and risk factors of prenatal depression among pregnant women attending antenatal clinic at Adventist Hospital, Bekwai Municipality, Ghana. Medicine, 101(10), e28862. https://doi.org/10.1097/MD.0000000000028862
- Ali, N. S., Azam, I. S., Ali, B. S., Tabbusum, G., & Moin, S. S. (2012). Frequency and Associated Factors for Anxiety and Depression in Pregnant Women: A Hospital-Based Cross-Sectional Study. The Scientific World Journal, 2012, 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1100/2012/653098
- Anita Dewi Anggraini, Budi Prasetyo, & Rachmah Indawati. (2022). Systematic Review: The Effect of Covid-19 on Anxiety in Pregnant Women. Science Midwifery, 10(3), 2264–2272. https://doi.org/10.35335/midwifery.v10i3.600
- Arshad Ali, S., Baloch, M., Ahmed, N., Arshad Ali, A., & Iqbal, A. (2020). The outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)—An emerging global health threat. Journal of Infection and Public Health, 13(4), 644–646. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiph.2020.02.033
- Bender, W. R., Srinivas, S., Coutifaris, P., Acker, A., & Hirshberg, A. (2020). The Psychological Experience of Obstetric Patients and Health Care Workers after Implementation of Universal SARS-CoV-2 Testing. American Journal of Perinatology, 37(12), 1271–1279. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0040-1715505
- Fitriahadi, E. (2017). Buku ajar asuhan kehamilan disertai daftar tilik. Yogyakarta: Universitas Aisyiyah.
- Guan, W., Ni, Z., Hu, Y., Liang, W., Ou, C., He, J., Liu, L., Shan, H., Lei, C., Hui, D. S. C., Du, B., Li, L., Zeng, G., Yuen, K.-Y., Chen, R., Tang, C., Wang, T., Chen, P., Xiang, J., … Zhong, N. (2020). Clinical Characteristics of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in China. New England Journal of Medicine, 382(18), 1708–1720. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032
- Kemenkes RI. (2020). Pedoman pelayanan antenatal, persalinan, nifas, dan bayi baru lahir di era adaptasi kebiasaan baru. Jakarta: Kementrian Kesehatan RI.
- Nurliana, D., Idaningsih, A., & Yuwansyah, Y. (2021). Analisis Masalah Psikologis Pada Ibu Hamil Di Masa Pandemi Covid- 19 Di Desa Haurseah Wilayah Kerja Uptd Puskesmas Argapura Kabupaten Majalengka Tahun 202. Jurnal Dopper, 5(2), 9.
- Padila. (2014). Keperawatan Maternitas. Yogyakarta: Nuha Medika.
- Pratiwi, L., & Bunda, P. T. (2022). Hubungan Kecemasan Ibu Hamil Dengan Kepatuhan Antenatal Care Pada Saat Pandemi Covid-19 Di Puskesmas Cinere. Bunda Edu-Midwifery Journal (BEMJ), 5(1), 5.
- Purwaningsih, H. (2020). Analisis Masalah Psikologis pada Ibu Hamil Selama Masa Pandemi Covid-19: Literature Review. Jurnal Kesehatan, 5(1), 7.
- Ross, A. M., Ramlawi, S., Fakhraei, R., Murphy, M. S., Ducharme, R., Dingwall-Harvey, A. L., White, R. R., Ritchie, K., Muldoon, K., & El-Chaâr, D. (2022). The psychological impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and a SARS-CoV-2 testing programme on obstetric patients and healthcare workers. Women’s Health, 18, 14.
- Saccone, G., Florio, A., Aiello, F., Venturella, R., De Angelis, M. C., Locci, M., Bifulco, G., Zullo, F., & Di Spiezio Sardo, A. (2020). Psychological impact of coronavirus disease 2019 in pregnant women. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 223(2), 293–295. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajog.2020.05.003
- Suliswati, & Payapo. (2015). Basic Concepts od Mental Health Nursing. Jakarta: EGC.
- Supriyadi, & Setyorini, A. (2020). The Effect of Health Education on Prevention Of Covid-19 Against Anxiaety in Community Yogyakata. Jurnal Keperawatan, 12(4).
- Tadesse, E. (2020). Antenatal Care Service Utilization of Pregnant Women Attending Antenatal Care in Public Hospitals During the COVID-19 Pandemic Period. International Journal of Women’s Health, 12(1), 1181–1188. https://doi.org/10.2147/IJWH.S287534
- Tantona, M. D. (2019). Anxiety Disorders In Pregnant Women During Covid-19 Pandemic. Jurnal Penelitian Perawat Profesional, 2(4), 381–392. https://doi.org/10.37287/jppp.v2i4.181
- Vindegaard, N., & Benros, M. E. (2020). COVID-19 pandemic and mental health consequences: Systematic review of the current evidence. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 89, 531–542. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2020.05.048
- Vini Yuliani, Husnul Khatimah, & Yunita Laila Astuti. (2022). Dampak Pandemi COVID-19 Pada Kesehatan Mental Wanita Hamil: Tinjauan Literatur. INSOLOGI: Jurnal Sains dan Teknologi, 1(4), 353–367. https://doi.org/10.55123/insologi.v1i4.605
- WHO. (2020). Impact of COVID-19 on people’s livelihoods, their health and our food systems. World Health Organization.
- Yassa, M., Yassa, A., Yirmibe?, C., Birol, P., Ünlü, U. G., Tekin, A. B., Sandal, K., Mutlu, M. A., Çavu?o?lu, G., & Tug, N. (2020). Anxiety levels and obsessive compulsion symptoms of pregnant women during the COVID-19 pandemic. Journal of Turkish Society of Obstetric and Gynecology, 17(3), 155–160. https://doi.org/10.4274/tjod.galenos.2020.91455
- Zhou, Y., Shi, H., Liu, Z., Peng, S., Wang, R., Qi, L., Li, Z., Yang, J., Ren, Y., Song, X., Zeng, L., Qian, W., & Zhang, X. (2020). The prevalence of psychiatric symptoms of pregnant and non-pregnant women during the COVID-19 epidemic. Translational Psychiatry, 10(1), 319. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41398-020-01006-x
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Ratna Dewi Puspita Sari, Sutarto Sutarto, Winda Trijayanthi Utama, Pemberdayaan Skill dan Pengetahuan Kader Kesehatan Mengenai Penanganan Kegawatdaruratan Obstetri sebagai Upaya Menurunkan Nilai Angka Kematian Ibu (AKI) di Desa Cipadang Kecamatan Gedong Tataan Kabupaten Pesawaran , Jurnal Ilmu Medis Indonesia: Vol. 2 No. 2 (2023): Maret
- Ratna Dewi Puspita Sari, Sutarto Sutarto, Winda Trijayanthi Utama, Dian Pratiwi, Rutinitas Senam Hamil dengan Melahirkan Spontan , Jurnal Ilmu Medis Indonesia: Vol. 2 No. 2 (2023): Maret